Thursday, March 23, 2006

Today at the London Assembly

Well what a day I have had. I am shattered but glad that our views and opinions have finally been heard at last.
Today 6 of my fellow passengers were asked to give a testimonial about the events that happened on the 7th July together with others from the other bombed sites around London that terrible day. The day that has changed my life from being a happy go lucky person who was starting to enjoy her life to someone who now is looking over her shoulder everytime I do something just incase my luck changes again.
I wanted to go today for a number of reasons. I wanted to show my support for my fellow passengers but also to hear what others from the trains and bus experienced.
I was shocked and saddened to hear all of the testimonials and it brought back a lot of memories that I thought I was dealing with so well. I feel it has unearthed a huge part of my memory that I was trying to push away. I remember being stuck down there for such a long time and not knowing weather I was going to live or die or to see my family and friends again.
Being alive is so precious to me now. I never thought I would go through something like this (it always happens to others) but now having been part of something that has changed my life and the lives of so many others it makes me feel so many emotions all at once I just cannot comprehend.
To know that there are probably so many others out there with no help at the moment makes me feel sad as without the help and support from my boyfriend S, friends, family and not forgetting my fellow passengers from KCU I don't think, infact I know I wouldn't be where I am today. I have come on leaps and bounds over the past couple of months which I am grateful for but I know there are many people suffering in silence.
I am so proud of my fellow passengers today who were brave enough to sit infront of the media and tell the terrible story of what went on that day. I love you all and I am proud to be part of KCU. The bombers wanted a world where people hated each other but they have done the opposite. They have brought people together, made each and everyone of us stronger and we all will get through this and be stronger people in the end.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bumble Bee said...

Well said hun and yes please do remember how far we have come, especially YOU!
It's a tough road we are travelling but we will make it through, together!
xx

3:55 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Thank you to you all for representing us at the London Assembly, good is already coming of it. Or maybe it's a coincidence..........

Thank you!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Holly Finch said...

thanks for coming honey...it made so much difference knowing you were there supporting us. It feels so good to have been heard & apparently now things are happening.

i am so proud to know you misses...and to see how far we have all come together xx

11:29 AM  
Blogger fjl said...

Hi , I came to you through some blogland mates. I know how you feel about the whole over you shoulder thing. But you will come through. Use the experience wisely which you are all doing , much love. xx

9:34 AM  
Blogger google said...

It is also known as cheilosis, perlèche or angular stomatitis.
Bingoผลบอล

7:53 PM  
Blogger blogcar said...

123

11:46 PM  
Blogger blogcar said...

It's a tough road we are travelling but we will make it through, together!
pokerturneringarwinning lottery numbers

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home